Banana Protein Bars
Inspired by Jessica Sepel’s latest book, The Healthy life this super-easy, super-delicious banana protein bar recipe makes about 10 high quality, protein packed bars per batch – making for the perfect nutrient dense post-workout snack.
Taking only 35 minutes to make from start to finish (including cooking time), batches can easily be made at the beginning of each week and stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Here’s how…
50 g rolled organic oats
70 g protein powder (I use 32Gi’s vanilla endurance)
4 tbsp mixed seeds
75 g chopped almonds
4 tbsp shredded coconut
4 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
1 banana (mashed)
2 tbsp peanut butter
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Combine and mix dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly, mixing well.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and press down firmly.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin before slicing into bars.
Don’t be shy to substitute the main ingredients for some of your own personal favorites to create your very own version of the protein bar and sharing it with me by tagging @Trainer_Hinton in your Instagram posts!