Gluten Free Summer Granola in less then 30 minutes
To find gluten free granola on the supermarkets shelf is an impossible task, and not having a quick, nutrient dense meal that excites you to eat breakfast is never fun – so I decided it was time to come up a delicious summer breakfast recipe that made early morning rises fun again!
This little bowl packs a punch of nutrients. High in protein, wheat and gluten free carbohydrates as well as good fats, it’s a perfect way to start the day with a fulfilling and stable energy release to prevent any mid-morning cravings or energy dips and is even better as a post workout recovery meal.
4 cups bircher muesli
1/4 cup hazelnut
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup goji berries
4 tbsp cinnamon
6 tbsp coconut oil
5 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix coconut oil (melted) with bircher musli until wet.
- Combine all ingredients except coconut flakes, goji berries and cranberries. Mix well.
- Pour into baking tray and place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add coconut flakes and mix in.
- Place in oven for another 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove from oven, add cranberries and goji berries and allow to cool.
- Enjoy with your favorite nut milk.
Feel free to get creative by adding orange zest or dried fruit to the ingredient list for a seasonal spin. Share your favorite versions of the Gluten Free Granola recipe with me by tagging @Trainer_Hinton in your Instagram posts!